Saturday, July 5, 2008
Want something out of the ordinary to hold your memories? Here are some eye-catching options.
(Please consider whether you want archival-quality products - and if so, you might want to read this and this. I can't vouch for the archival qualities of any of these products, although most of them claim to have acid-free pages.)
1. The photo albums above are handmade by Kata Golda.
2. Over on Etsy, Enji Beck sells a number of beautiful albums handmade by Angela Beckwith. (via Cool Mom Picks)
3. Staying on Etsy, Painted Fish Studio has this lovely handmade photo album.
4. And here's one more from Etsy. This handmade photo album is covered with Japanese silk.
5. Here's something very different (in style and price) - a leather album handtooled in Italy.
6. Want your albums to look like leather-bound books as they sit on the shelf? Here's your answer.
7. The cover on this handmade photo album was "made with sustainable lotka and bamboo papers, which come from the fast-growing Lotka bush in Nepal and the Bamboo plant of Thailand."
8. This photo album is made from recycled paper.
9. Studio Daedre has handmade photo albums for weddings (including same-sex weddings), bar mitzvahs, and more.
10. These scrapbook albums are "made by hand by Indian artisans using cloth recycled from a garment manufacturer." Update on Sept. 4, 2012: These albums are no longer available.
11. Cam Wilson makes photo albums with copper covers. You can get them from Uncommon Goods or SweetHeartGallery.
12. And finally, JB makes scrapbooks from old record covers.
Awesome Products from Australia (Corban & Blair albums)