Monday, May 12, 2008

Stuff the Stuffed Animals Into a Cage

cage for stuffed animals - filled with plush toys

Do you suffer from stuffed animal clutter? Assuming you really do want to keep all the animals, The Zoo is a novel way to do that. It makes putting them away a snap, and they are all visible and easy to pull out, too. And I love that it comes from a family business; many thanks for John Chisholm for writing and telling me about his product.

The same folks make a mudroom organizer - not quite as unusual a product, but quite nice, none the less. Update on Feb. 3, 2011: The web site selling these products has disappeared.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Jeri, thanks for this tip. "The Zoo" is absolutely hilarious, but a great idea. I think kids would have a lot of fun putting their toys into this cage.

Please feel free to check out my home organizing blog too: www.sparkleize.com

Crystal D.,
Sparkleizer and Home Organization Expert
www.sparkleize.com
crystal@sparkleize.com

Blue Yonder said...

Oh, the horror! They look like they're in an overcrowded jail! I'm calling PETA!

Well, maybe not, but I don't think I have the heart to put my stuffed animal collection into this "storage solution". Ok, so maybe my stuffed animals have taken over a corner of my bedroom, but I can't kick them out - they're like family! :-)

Jeri Dansky said...

Crystal and Blue Yonder, you just did a great job of illustrating how a product that seems like a great idea to one person doesn't seem right at all to another. Everyone's needs and tastes are different, and no one answer will ever work for everyone.

It does seem more like an answer for a child's collection (which is how Crystal was looking at it) than for an adult's collection (Blue Yonder's situation).

My own stuffed animals are spread throughout my house - and I don't have enough to begin to fill this Zoo. But many people do.