Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Reader Question: Zippered Binders

zippered ring binder, open and closed - color options also shown

I found your very inspiring blog while searching for a seemingly elusive item to help get me organized: a pretty zippered 3-ring binder folio. Your list of attractive, modern 3-ring binders was great - and I was really hoping to find one that zippered around. My ideal would be that it would also have a carrying strap or handles. Levenger and Franklin Covey have binders that are leather, but they are so heavy and bulky even when empty; I haven't found any that are fabric-covered or another lighter material.

I love a good challenge, so I went hunting; here's what I found. School-Pak shows a number of options; there's even one with a handle, made by Case-it. Mead is the other major supplier they list.


zippered binder in pink and black, with name written on it

Lillian Vernon also has zippered binders.


zippered 3-ring binder with handle

Colby makes a zippered 3-ring binder, but they're in Australia. (I'm not sure where the reader lives; I was assuming the USA, but I could well be mistaken.)


office in a bag, closed and open

The FlyLady sells an Office in a Bag which will accommodate a 3-ring binder, but doesn't include one. There are any number of lightweight binders you could use with this.


UniKeep binder

Finally, here's another option to consider - not a zippered binder, but maybe something that would work anyway. The UniKeep Binders are fully enclosed and lightweight, and come in a range of colors.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Hi Jeri,

Thanks for your review of zippered binders.

On a related note, I've just posted an article about another great use for binders: they make great business card organizers!

Hope you'll check it out, at: http://www.sparkleize.com/?p=38

Thank you,
Crystal D.
Sparkleizer and Home Organization Expert
http://www.sparkleize.com
E-mail: crystal@sparkleize.com

Jeri Dansky said...

A reader in the U.S. sent me this comment by e-mail: Around the start of the school year, in August/September, all the local office supply stores like Office Depot have a large selection of zippered binders as they are very popular with students.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the review. I've been looking for a 3" 3 ring binder that zips close (with handles) and stumbled across your blog!

Jeri Dansky said...

Annabelle, I'm glad you found me, and that it was helpful!