Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Containers That Caught My Eye: 6 Random Items

square black felt box with smiling skull  Hable Construction has a number of felt boxes — many of them sweet designs involving flowers and lollipops and such. Of course, I was attracted to the smiling skull. Update on January 22, 2021: The company no longer makes these boxes.

jewelry box with various images and the words Pieces of My Life 

The Craft Gallery has a number of interesting jewelry boxes - which could of course be used for something other than jewelry. This was one of my favorites. Update on Nov. 8, 2011: The Craft Gallery still sells jewelry boxes, but not this type.

 Chinese hat box 

Zenspiration Gardens has a number of lovely boxes, including this one which is a vintage reproduction Chinese hat box.
fanciful toothbrush holder with four toothbrushes

You don't really need a specially-designed toothbrush holder and more than you need a pencil cup; a coffee mug will do just fine. But I still was taken with this toothbrush holder by Alison Palmer, who makes all sorts of interesting things.


   4 scissors holders, different colors
I just stand my scissors up in the mug that holds my pens, but this Edward Scissors Holder by Koziol is very cute. Koziol also makes a tape dispenser, a glue stick holder, and much more.


  white box with rabbit ears on top 
I saw this storage box and my immediate reaction was Oh! Cute! - followed by wondering when I would fit it into a blog entry. [via Better Living Through Design]  Update on January 28, 2021: I'm no longer finding this box at the site which used to sell it.

No comments: