Sunday, May 18, 2008

Hide Your Jewelry Behind a Mirror

jewlery case behind a mirror - partly open, with woman looking in the mirror

Jewelry thieves must know about these products, so I don't know how much security they provide, unless you get a locking model - and use the lock. (And I don't know how good the locks are.) If you really want theft protection, there are jewelry safes. [via organizer Kim Allman]

Still, they provide an interesting way to store jewelry, since you can put it on and then check to see how it looks. And it allows you to have jewelry easily accessible without having it all in view - a look some would prefer.

Hidden Treasures provides a number of mirror styles, and is coming out with another version this fall which is twice as long. [via Hope's Bag] Update on Nov. 8, 2011: I'm only finding one product from Hidden Treasures, and it's a bit different from the one shown here.


wall-mounted jewelry cabinet with mirror outside, shown open and closed

Jewelry-Closet Cabinets come in two sizes and ten different finishes. A keyed lock is available.


freestanding mirrored jewelry cabinet - three in different colors, one open

Another option is the freestanding mirrored jewelery cabinet. This one also has a lock. [via organizer Marcie Lovett]

8 comments:

åĤ ĴúÑě said...

wau.. i always have this kind of idea to kept my jewelry..

just do not know where can purchase and how to build it up.. :)

Jeri Dansky said...

Sadly, I have no idea where to buy something like this in your part of the world. :-(

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I don't really have expensive jewelry, but I have a lot of it, so being able to organize it but keep it hidden yet accessible would be great!

Banshee Creative said...

Wow!! I'd really love this too, would definitely clear up surfaces (I've stored mine in mini-plastic drawers hehe), making it easier to clean!

It would also be a great way to hide keys etc, as well as looking decorative.

but alas, not sure whether you can get anything like this here, :( I guess you could get it custom made, wonder what it costs!

Jeri Dansky said...

Angelia, I wish I could help. I try to be as internationally-focused as I can be, but there are limits as to what I can find, especially with my limited language skills. :-(

Banshee Creative said...

:) awww it's cool Jeri, I'm sure I could show this to a carpenter and they can do something but hubby did give me a look LOL Not sure if we can work it out for ourselves, hmmmm... (puts her thinking cap on!)

Unknown said...

Jeri,

This might interest you.

Secretstoragebooks.com sells hollow books for storing precious items like jewelry. Best of all, book boxes, or secret storage savers, are hand made from 100% recycled materials and shipped for FREE from Canada. They make great gifts for seniors and book lovers. Choose from your favorite title, everything from "Moby Dick" to "Copenhagen Plummet" to the new Twilight prequel "Fortuna" has been made hollow at http://www.secretstoragebooks.com/

Anonymous said...

i think it's available in DIY (do it yourself) shop :)