Saturday, March 22, 2008
Are you a visually-oriented person who works best when certain bits of information are kept right in front of you? Here are some alternatives to the little-scraps-of-paper-everywhere approach, or the sticky notes on the computer.
1. If you just need a place to keep a couple things, the memo holders at Office Playgound might work for you. This is just one of a number of options.
Then there's the special interest memo holders, for those interested in physical therapy or those who love Scotties. And there's also this very cool skull, and this shark, and these buildings. Update on August 7, 2010: Sadly, these special-interest memo holders have mostly disappeared. But the cool skull is still here!
2. These fish head memo holders also have limited capacity.
3. The Tower of Clips comes from the MoMA Store. They say it's made of remnant steel from the tabletop industry.
4. The MoMA Store also has this item they call the Snap-It-Up Organizer.
5. Umbra sells the Posy Desktop. This one is widely available - at Stacks and Stacks or The Container Store, for example. Update on August 30, 2011: I'm no longer seeing this product at either of those stores - but you can find it on other sites such as Amazon.com, Useful Things and Organize.com.
6. VivaTerra had these Stone Swirl Message Holders, but it appears they aren't available right now.
7. The Paper Tracker isn't as cute or pretty as some other alternatives - but it could be perfect for someone. Update on August 30, 2011: I'm no longer seeing this product.
[lead photo by Brandon Brunson]