Thursday, March 6, 2008

Not Your Ordinary Children's Hooks

coat hook with picture of girl firefighter

Isn't this a great hook? Once I saw it on Little Monkey Murals, I had to find out who made it and what else they sold. So I found my way to Mila, based in Germany, and I'm very glad I did. The company's motto is design with a smile - and indeed, I had a huge smile on my face as I browsed through the company's products. Update on August 30, 2010: The specific hooks shown in this post might not be sold any more, but the company still has many delightful options. I've linked to the main page at both sites, so you can page through to see what appeals to you.


hook - knight on horse

These are so many wonderful options that picking just a few to show you was difficult. But here's another of my favorites.

hook - rooster

There are also a number of animal options - I was drawn to the poultry, including this one.


clock with dancing cow

Besides the hooks, Mila sells a number of other products, including some wonderful clocks - with many of the same motifs as the hooks. Again, it's hard to pick one - but let's go with the cow this time. Update of Sept. 14, 2009: Again, this specific clock is no longer available - but there are many other options.

2 comments:

Miina said...

Little Monkey Murals style reminds me one Estonian artists, Eva Herrera's drawing, you can find her gallery here -
http://www.hot.ee/haldjaemand/galerii/
and blog here -
http://www.isetegija.net/index.php?ind=blog&op=home&idu=3422
Unfortunately, everything is in Estonian, but pictures are great!

Jeri Dansky said...

Miina, I just looked at the web sites, and I can see why the hooks remind you of Eva Herrera's drawings!