Tuesday, June 24, 2008
I've written about laundry hampers before - but what if you'd prefer to use a laundry bag? Here are some of the more unusual options out there.
1. The White Devil laundry bags from India Rose, shown above, are the ones that inspired this post. [via the now-defunct Blueprint magazine, and write on and more]
2. Here's a lady's laundry bag.
3. And here's a laundry bag featuring somewhat different apparel.
4. This embroidered laundry bag is a replica of one found in an antique shop.
5. Amy Forster has a number of laundry bags, with designs ranging from polka dots or flowers to the surfboards-and-palm-trees design shown here. Update on Jan. 10, 2011: The Amy Forster web site isn't working, and I'm not finding these products anywhere else.
6. Annie G makes some pretty floral laundry bags. Update on Jan. 10, 2011: Annie's web site seems to have disappeared.
7. The Laundry has bags with spots or zinnias. Update on June 22, 2012: This site doesn't sell laundry bags any more.
8. I'm not sure how practical this silk laundry bag from Aroma Home is - but it sure is pretty. The bags come in four colors, and each one comes with a scented sachet. Update on Feb. 19, 2010: Aroma Home no longer sells these bags.
9. This lovely French linen/laundry bag comes from Maris Sharp in Brittany. Update on June 22, 2012: Maris Sharp's web site has disappeared.
10. And this tapestry laundry bag comes from Australia, and has quite a story behind it.
11. Finally, here's a simple elegant laundry bag from Josephine Home; you have 12 choices of colors for the embroidery and matching ribbon. (And you can have something other than "laundry" as the embroidered word.)
Bamboo Laundry Hampers
7 Special Laundry Hampers