Wednesday, June 27, 2007

7 Special Laundry Hampers

pile of laundry

Want the dirty clothes to wind up in a clothes hamper, rather than on the floor? Make sure everyone has a very convenient hamper to use! Here are just a few of the many many options - ones that are a bit more unusual than what you'll find at places like The Container Store or Target.

birch laundry hamper

1. For my colleague John Trosko at OrganizingLA, who loves wood products, I'm listing these birch laundry bins from the U.K. first. [via Apartment Therapy] Update on July 29, 2011: I'm no longer seeing this exact bin, but Heals has another nice birch laundry bin.

stainless steel laundry hamper

2. Bellacor has so many nice laundry hampers it was hard to pick just one picture. (This laundry bin is stainless steel with a wood lid.) Update on July 29, 2011: I'm no longer finding the pictured bin on the Bellacor web site, but I've linked to a site that does have it.


wicker chair with hamper

3. Fran's Wicker and Rattan Furniture has a wicker hamper chair.


hand painted laundry hamper with giraffe

4. The Well Appointed House also has many lovely options - including this handpainted laundry can. Update on July 29, 2011: Sadly, I'm no longer finding this laundry can on any web site.


rattan elephant clothes hamper

5. Home Decorators has this rattan elephant hamper - which they say would be great for a child's room. (I think there's no need to limit it to children!)

Especially for kids:

child's hamper in orange

6. The jax hamper from Nest comes in four colors (purple, orange, green and pink) and is made from organic cotton. Update on Aug. 25, 2012: I'm no longer finding this hamper.


child's hamper with lion design

7. The Hungry Hampers from Whitney Design were featured in my November 2006 newsletter - and I'm still enchanted by them. Update on July 29, 2011: Whitney Design is no more — now we have Household Essentials. And these hampers are getting hard to find, although I did find one.

[first photo by Az Jade]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Viva la wood!

Thanks, Jeri!

- John

Cynthia Friedlob said...

I keep coming back to look at that wicker hamper chair. What a clever storage solution, though I don't think I'd use it for laundry. Blankets, sheets and towels seem better suited. -- But, alas, I have no room for the chair!

Jeri Dansky said...

John: Glad to oblige!

Cynthia: I'm always delighted to find storage solutions like that chair. You've inspired me to do more posts on other such finds.