Sunday, June 8, 2008
Has Apartment Therapy really found the best freestanding coat racks? Their list does indeed have some wonderful options, such as the one shown above - but there are many more worth a look.
1. This coat rack will look back at you! Update on Jan. 19, 2010: The store that carried this coat rack no longer does, and I haven't found it anywhere else.
2. And here's a coat tree made from wooden skis!
3. Staying on the reuse theme, the top of this coat rack is made from pitchforks! This comes from The Artful Home, which has many interesting coat racks. Update on May 26, 2011: You can get this coat rack from The Artful Home, or from Bradford Woodworking; I've linked to both of them.
4. Here's a lovely hand-painted coat rack. Update on May 23, 2011: I'm no longer finding this product.
5. And here's a wrought iron coat rack (more wrought iron here).
6. This simple coat stand caught my attention a couple years ago, and I still like it.
7. Bonaldo makes this coat/clothes tree designed by Mario Mazzer. You can buy it here.
8. VivaTerra sells an entwined root tree stand; no two are alike. [Via GreenUPGRADER]
9. Woodworker David Holzapfel made this coat tree; it's been sold, but he could make you a custom piece for $1,600 and up. David and wife Michelle make there lovely wood items from "forgotten hardwoods that are left behind in the forest after logging." [Via Great Green Goods]
Related Post: Coat Racks With a Difference