Tuesday, February 26, 2008
1. You know you need a shredder, but you don't like how it looks in your office? The shredder cabinet might be right for you. Update on Jan. 18, 2012: I'm no longer finding this product.
2. If your concern is shredder safety, Fellowes has an answer for you. Paper shredders can indeed be a hazard to children and pets; as this article (with details that might upset you) indicates. So if you don't have a shredder with built-in safety features, please do keep it away from kids and animals, and/or unplug it when it's not in use.
3. Here's a USB-powered shredder - just plug it into your computer. [via Apartment Therapy]
4. And here's another USB-powered shredder!
5. Fareastgizmos.com reports that Thanko is now selling a USB shredder for A4 paper. However, if you don't read Japanese, you may have a hard time buying it right now. Update on Jan. 17, 2012: You can buy it here, but the shipping costs make it quite expensive.
All of these USB shredders provide only strip-cut shredding, rather than the more secure cross-cut shredding.
6. Finally, you could follow Zyra's advice and get some pet gerbils to do your shredding for you.
Related Post: Paper Shredders Don't Have to be Boring
[gerbil photo by benmckune]