Saturday, January 26, 2008
Have just a few bottles of wine that you want to store nicely? Here are some possibilities, from the purely functional to the more stylish.
1. This horseshoe wine rack might be the most unusual one I've seen. Update on March 3, 2011: It looks like this wine rack has been discontinued, but here's another horseshoe wine rack.
2. But then again, this wagon wheel wine cabinet is not something you see every day.
3. Oh, wait - maybe this rack by Avner Zabari the most unusual one!
4. Here's another artisan-created rack, this time from Lee Rubenstein. Update on March 3, 2011: I can no longer find this wine rack.
5. While I want to focus on the more unusual options, I have to mention this old standard because it's so darn practical. It can accommodate just a few bottles, or a much larger collection.
6. The cava wine rack from Umbra is a beauty. Update on March 3, 2011: I'm no longer finding this one.
7. Going back to the very unusual, Rack and Ruin in the U.K. makes custom wine racks out of solid wood; the one pictured is from reclaimed oak. No one picture can do this company justice!
8. I've written about Modern Cellar before; they make a number of lovely options. Update on March 3, 2011: Sadly, Modern Cellar has been closed.
9. Here's another wall-mounted wine rack - this one in stainless steel - from black+blum. [via 1ofakindstuff.com]
10. The puzzle wine rack has interlocking pieces, so you can build a multi-unit rack. It comes in four different colors. The web site has some nice photos to give you ideas. [via Popgadget]
Zanisa: Organizing Items for the Environmentalist