Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Things You Find on Freecycle

album cover for Retrospective: The Best of Buffalo Springfield

OFFER: vinyl LP: Neil Young, Buffalo Springfield

Two LPs - these thing that they had before MP3s. CDs you say, no before that. Cassette tapes? No before that. 8-track. No before that. Ahhh, vinyl Long Playing Records. Yesss!

Neil Young - On The Beach
Retrospective - The Best of Buffalo Springfield

These are not in audiophile condition, but they were fine the last time I checked 'em out. -- Steve Portigal


I've mentioned before how much I like Freecycle as a way to find homes for new things, both for myself and my clients. I like Freecycle so much that I serve as a moderator for my local community.

But there's one added benefit of Freecycle; sometimes you see a post that just makes you grin.

[reprinted with permission from Steve Portigal]

2 comments:

Cynthia Friedlob said...

One of the sad losses we suffer as a result of moving ahead technologically to MP3s is that there's no longer big, fabulous album cover art! Or sometimes, even better, big, fabulous fold-out cover art! How cool was that to be able to dive into the images as well as the sounds?

Jeri Dansky said...

And also no pop-up art, like on Jethro Tull's Stand Up album.