Friday, November 7, 2008

10 Twine Stands and String Dispensers

small oak twine stand, with dark-colored twine

If I had a personal list of Things That Might Be Useful to Own, a twine holder would be - nowhere. But your needs might be different - maybe you're more of a gardener than I am, or a different type of cook. And some of these are so lovely I almost wish I could use one. The oak twine stand above, from Labour and Wait, comes in two sizes; this is the smaller one. [via Design Mom]


beech twine holder

This beech twine holder follows the same basic design - with less styling.


jumbo twine stand, with twine

And this jumbo twine stand, made of oak, is a real beauty! There's a smaller version, too.


acorn-shaped twine holder

This acorn-shaped twine holder is made of alder wood.


string dispenser, enameled tin, says string on it

Moving on from these wood options, here's a string dispenser made of enameled tin.


Welsh string dispenser say Llinyn

And here's the Welsh version!


string dispenser, cast iron

Or what about a cast iron string dispenser - a replica of a Victorian style?


string holder Victorian reproduction

Here's another reproduction Victorian string holder.


green twine on hanging dispenser

For a very different approach, here are balls of twine that come with their own dispenser. [via Better Homes and Gardens]


hanging twine holder

And finally, here's another hanging twine holder.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeri~

Your post is very timely. This past weekend I was in cooking-mode and for the umpteenth time I vowed I was going to find a gizmo to keep my cooking twine organized.

Yesterday, one of my clever clients showed me a budget-version: drop the twine in a glass jar, poke a hole in the lid of the jar and, presto!

Your examples are much better looking!

Jeri Dansky said...

Glad you like them, Geralin

valerie@vangelpaper.com said...

Wow, who knew there are so many attractive twine dispensers out there! I'm looking for a more industrial application - that would hang and have a little blade to cut the twine. Any ideas?