Sunday, May 10, 2009

In Honor of My Mom: Organizing in Blue

blue pine needle basket

On this second anniversary of my mom's death, I thought I would once again remember her with a post featuring blue organizing products - blue being her favorite color.

The photo above shows one of the beautiful pine needle baskets made by Lynn and Sue Van Couvering.


blue basket

Black Ash Baskets makes the lovely item shown above. (But my frugal mom would be horrified by the cost.) [via Country Living]


storage basket

And this one comes from Basketry Botanica, over on Etsy.


blue and orange felted bowl

Staying on Etsy for a bit, this felted bowl comes from Blackbird Design House.


blue felted bowl

Mountain Knits has this lovely felted blue bowl.


turquoise blue felted bowl

And this one comes from Hard Days Knit.


blue box with image of feather

For a different type of storage, there's this box from Daria.


magnet with image of typewriter

Mom spent a lot of time on her typewriter, so this magnet from Jensect seems especially appropriate.


blue utensil holder

Now I'll leave Etsy, and show you this blue utensil holder from sengWare. This color is called heaven. Update on May 10, 2012: I'm no longer finding this product.


dowry chest

And I'll end with this piece of furniture - what Wisteria calls a dowry chest. Update on April 27, 2011: Wisteria no longer carries this product.

3 comments:

Carmen said...

I'm so sorry about your mom! You've found a great way to show her that you're still thinking about her...

I really like the blue utensil holder from sengWare - thanks!

Pauline Wiles said...

Sincere sympathies, especially that the anniversary of your Mom's death fell on Mother's Day. My own dear Mom is healthy but I dread the day I lose her.
You have made some beautiful blue finds here!

Jeri Dansky said...

Carmen and Struggler, thank you both.