Sunday, August 26, 2012

Laundry Hampers: Sharks, Stools and More

Want a laundry hamper that makes a statement — and makes you smile every time you use it? Then take a look at this handmade shark laundry basket, from Jolanta Uczarczyk in Poland. She can only make a few a week, so they sometimes go out of stock, but they're available at the moment. [via Book of Joe]

Not into sharks? Papatotoro has a number of lovely hand-printed linen hampers with leather handles.

Want something simpler? Here's a canvas and bamboo laundry basket from Moeve, in a single or double style. You can find them both at Amara.

For simplicity combined with practicality, take a look at the hampers from The Laundress, made by teaming up with Beckel Canvas. These hampers come in 16 colors, and can be monogrammed. [via Apartment Therapy]

And for fans of dual-purpose furniture, here's a hamper stool from Ballard Designs. It comes in a wide range of fabrics, both patterns and solid colors.

Related Posts:
7 Special Laundry Hampers
6 Laundry Hampers from Around the World
11 Hampers (and Such) to Help You Sort the Laundry
Laundry Hampers: A Better Option Than the Floor or the Treadmill


eat-out'erka said...

I saw the shark and loved it so much, that I thought it is the first time I will comment on your blog. And the next thing I see - this comes from my country!! So I will definitely check this.
I think it is a great way to motivate your kids to do the correct thing with their dirty clothes :)

And since I am here for the first time actively met me take this opportunity to thank you a lot for the blog, especially the pieces that motivate me to get rid of some of my stuff.

Jeri Dansky said...


Thank you for commenting! I'm so glad to hear my blog is useful to you.

And I'm delighted to know that others love that shark as much as I do.