It's the time of year when we start looking at agendas, planners and calendars for the coming year. A reader asks:
As the year is coming to a close I am looking for a new agenda. I want something like a 5x7 or 8x10. The others I've seen are so small there is no room to write. I have 2 kids and they have a lot of after school activities. What have you seen out there or which system do you use?I use iCal on my Mac - so that's not much help to you, since you want a paper agenda. But I have seen a number of interesting products. This is a very personal choice, but hopefully one of these will appeal to you.
Agendas with Weekly Views
1. The BusyBodyBook (shown above) has columns to track five people.
2. The momAgenda Portfolio Planner has a different format with space for a mom and up to four kids.
Agendas with Daily Pages
3. The momAgenda mini daily, like the previous momAgenda product, has space for mom and four children.
4. This Family Daily Planner has columns for four people; it's spiral bound. Update on Oct. 3, 2009: This product doesn't seem to be available any more.
5. The DayMinder Daily Appointment Book also has columns for four people. An added benefit is that it contains paper with at least 30% post-consumer material.
6. The Quo Vadis ABP/1 isn't specifically designed for multiple people, but it does have a lot of space to write in whatever you want. If this is the type of agenda you want, there are a number of other brands you could consider.