Monday, September 3, 2007
Do you have music and videos in a variety of formats - too much, perhaps? Rasputin Music might help.
1. If you happen to live in the San Francisco Bay Area, you can sell at any of their ten locations during all store hours.
2. If you wonder if your collection is worth something, check out their buying information for some great rules of thumb. What's popular in this area might not match what's popular in your area, so just take this as one data point.
A few excerpts:
. . . there are some CDs where there’s way more people trying to sell them than people who want to buy them, so regardless of list price, the used offer is much lower. Artists that fall into this category might include Blackstreet, N*Sync, Britney Spears, Celine Dion, Barbra Streisand, later Boston, Neil Diamond, or Kenny G. People don’t want these things anymore, so we have a hard time selling them, and consequently we can’t pay you much for them.
- The good news is that we still buy laserdiscs for the extremely small market that‘s left.
- The bad news is that you’d have gotten a lot more money for your laserdiscs if you’d had sold them a few years ago.
- WARNING: we predict that one year from now your laserdiscs will be worth exactly as much as your eight track collection. (sorry, we didn’t invent DVDs)
[Thanks to reader Gigi for the tip.]