Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Old Office Furniture Gets a New Life

refurbished Hamilton medical cabinet in green

Past Present Future of Minneapolis, Minnesota collects, restores and sells vintage and antique office furniture - and some non-office furniture, too. The pieces shown here are just examples of restoration work done for prior clients - wow! The one above is a Hamilton medical cabinet.


refurbished All-Steel Desk in blue

And here's an All-Steel desk.


refurbished vintage metal dresser

And one more - a vintage metal dresser.

Related post: 10 Options for Colorful Storage

[via Fabulously Green, via the brand new Apartment Therapy: Green Home]

4 comments:

Cynthia Friedlob said...

"Wow" is right! This stuff is gorgeous! If I ever decided to add some color to my furnishings, this is the way I'd go.

But, because I'm an artist, I've found that I need to keep the color out of the furnishings so that I can focus on the color in the artwork. That's certainly not true for lots of artists. Many love living in color-saturated environments; I'm strictly into neutrals.

But, wow! Talk about tempting!

Jeri Dansky said...

Cynthia, I'm glad someone else liked these as much as I did - even if they aren't the right furniture for either of us in our own homes.

Love London said...

You can also get some paint from B&Q which is very thick and has a shiny finish. It's a gloss paint, but is perfect for furniture like that.

Looks good.

Jeri Dansky said...

Thank you, Love London!