Tuesday, January 16, 2007

9 Alternative 3-Ring Binders

Italian leather 3-ring binders

Binders can be great organizing tools, and you can find basic vinyl three-ring binders almost anywhere. But if you want to get something special, here are some options:

1. Bella Italian leather binders, courtesy of See Jane Work; I got Jane's newsletter today, and it featured these, and inspired this blog entry. See picture above; pricey but (apparently) beautiful.

2. Rustic leather binders from Renaissance Art - a totally different look.

3. The M.O. Signature Binder
Update on Dec. 28, 2011: I'm no longer finding this product.

4. A variety of binders from russell+hazel

5. Cargo binders from acid-free fiberboard

6. SteelWorx binders - made from aluminum to minimize weight and optimize strength

7. Binders from pina zangaro - in aluminum, acrylic, or pressed hardboard

8. The Presence 3-Ring Binder from Case Envy

9. Rebinder recycled binders

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking for a replacement for 3-Ring binders that is compatible with the hanging file folder system. It must be capable of holding several hundred pages without adding any additional width like the binder does. Any suggestions?

Wiley in Indianapolis

Jeri Dansky said...

Wiley, I have some thoughts already, and I'll see what else I can find. Expect a blog post in the next couple days!

Anonymous said...

This may be far fetched, but I'm looking for those old binders from the 1950's-'60's that had a linen feel to them. As far as I know they were simply cardboard with cloth glued to them. Any ideas?

Jeri Dansky said...

Sorry, Anonymous - no ideas. But I'll keep an eye out, and if I do find something, I'll let you know.