Saturday, April 28, 2007

Not My Mother's Canisters

3 glass canisters, different sizes, pastel colors

Even those of us who no longer have canisters with flour and sugar on our kitchen counter tops might find attractive canisters useful for other purposes.

The Iittala and Meantime canisters from Tivoli Home appear to be simple and lovely; the ones shown above are Iittala. Update on Oct. 14, 2012: Tivoli Home seems to have disappeared, but Scandinavian Grace also sells the Iittala jars.

Simple Pyrex canisters are another interesting option. Update on May 13, 2010: The site that was selling these no longer has them.

And while I'm writing about canisters, I thought I'd also mention the cat treat canisters I just discovered. (Personally, I store my cat treats in a used cardboard raisin box.)

No comments: