Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Hotel Box - Unusual Shoe Storage

Hotel Box - stacking shoe storage

The San Francisco Chronicle ran a story this morning (from the Washington Post), entitled Shoe-box storage gets better; it's about the Hotel Box from Pure Nomade in Denmark. The boxes come in a variety of patterns, as well as some solid colors. They are meant to be stackable shoe sort-of boxes - which could, of course, also be used for other things.

It's an odd product, so let me just briefly quote from the article: "The $25 Hotel box, devised by Pure Nomade, is not only cheerful to look at, it also works as both storage and furniture. The unusually shaped, easy-to-assemble cardboard cubby can corral cosmetics, electrical cords, small toys or, of course, shoes."

I'm not quite sure what to think about this one, beyond "how interesting."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeri,

I have seen there before but haven't gotten my head wrapped around this product.

I can't get a grip with the multiple colors all bunched together, too haphazzard (spelling?) so I would stick with one color of box so the look is consistent.

I know the system looks like a piece of art, but I'd also make a tower that is more symetrical as well. I suppose if you had a big, empty wall, this would fill it nicely.

- John

Jeri Dansky said...

Thanks, John - it's nice to know your reaction was similar to mine.