Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Keeping Work Out and Visible

tabletop bag stand for homework, projects, etc.

Are you one of those people who must have all your current projects out in sight? You can do that and still avoid the "messy piles of paper all over the place" look that might drive your spouse/partner crazy.

Copernicus Educational Products sells this tabletop bag stand (and the bags themselves); the bags measure 9 1/4" by 12". Monaco has a similar product.


wall or door rack for hang-up bags

Monaco also provides this wall- or door-mounted display rack which will work with a wide range of the company's bags.


floor rack for hanging bag display, shaped like caterpillar

There are also floor displays for hanging bags; this is the most fanciful (and quite expensive), but there are many more options, including some from Monaco.

Because these hanging bag racks are often used in libraries, you can see a range of options at sites such as The Library Store, Brodart, and Demco.


job wallet rack

And here's a different approach: a print rack designed to hold job wallets.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bag stand is Great! But the price is a little to high. I can recycle my pant/skirt clip hangers with large freezer bags and make a similar (but cheaper) version of this excellent organizing tool.

K Lee Wolf

Jeri Dansky said...

If you do that, K Lee, I'd love to see a picture!

SueBK said...

I love the first one. As a crafter I have a lot of little projects that are carefully packed into their own little baggies and then into a box and then onto a shelf. Sadly, out of sight is often out of mind and I rarely work on any of these smaller projects. They're on my "one day" list. A small stand like the first one, sitting there in the open, may just prompt me to grab a bag while watching the boob-tube.

Meredith said...

Great post! I'm definitely a person who likes to have my "live" projects visible to me, but in a neat way.

Lately, I've been using Peter Walsh's InPlace System for just that. I love the see-through aspect of the desktop sorter and the opaque aspect of the folders. Makes it easy to "see" what I need to see without it being messy.

Anonymous said...

We use these in the classroom!!!

Jeri Dansky said...

SueBK, you might also like this product, designed for crafters: Clip It Up.

Jeri Dansky said...

Meredith, I've read about the InPlace System, but haven't yet seen it since it's only sold through OfficeMax and I tend to avoid big-box office supply stores. I'm glad to know it's working so well for you!

Jeri Dansky said...

Anonymous: Thanks for mentioning using these in the classroom. You got me to do a bit more searching, and I came across Clip-A-Zip, another product from Copernicus Educational Products.