Saturday, October 16, 2010

Preserving the Memories: T-Shirt Quilts

t-shirt quilt

Do you have a large collection of t-shirts that you don't wear much - but they feel too sentimental to discard? You could have them made into a t-shirt quilt.

I've written about this before - see point #2 in this older post - but since then I've found many more companies making the quilts. The photos in this post just show one style of quilt from each provider - but many of them do multiple styles, so if you're serious about having a quilt made, you may want to check out the web sites to see the full range of options.

The one at the top of this post comes from Custom Memory Quilts. The quilt blocks can be made from sweatshirts or sweatpants, too - not just t-shirts. [via KChristieH blog]


t-shirt quilt

This one comes from Race Quilt; the web site notes that the company is now accepting orders for Christmas. These quilts have a 6-8 weeks lead time, so if you'd like one for the holidays, order soon!


partial t-shirt quilt - four blocks, showing detail

Here's just part of a quilt done by Katy T-Shirt Quilts. I wanted to show you the detail, which doesn't show up in a larger picture.


Ohio State themed t-shirt quilt

As a University of Michigan graduate, I hesitated a bit about posting this Ohio State themed t-shirt quilt - but it sure is cool. It comes from REgnA's Bloom.


t-shirt quilt

This quilt was made by T-Shirt Quilts Canada "for a runner with a huge stash of t-shirts, every one of which just had to have a place in this king-size quilt."

Other companies to consider are Brightside, Campus Quilt Company, Goose Track Quilts, PSHQuilts, Q is for Quilting, RossCommon Quilts and Texas T-Shirt Quilts. Update on Aug. 1, 2012: Q is for Quilting seems to have disappeared.

4 comments:

chantal said...

I just love these quilts!

Theresa Finnigin said...

Great post. I love the quilts. I great reminder to order early for the holidays. I shared this post on the Ready Aim Organize fan page on facebook.

Jeri Dansky said...

Chantal, glad you liked them; thanks for giving me the inspiration for this post!

Theresa, glad you liked them, too - and thanks for sharing the post!

Since I tend to think about one holiday at a time, reading the "order now for the holidays" thing was helpful. I need to remember that sometimes my approach doesn't work; some gifts need more lead time.

Sharon Dixon said...

Jeri, thank you for mentioning my business, KatyTShirtQuilts.com, in your post.