Sunday, February 26, 2012
Comic used with permission.
Want to minimize the time spent looking for those lids? First of all, make sure you're only keeping the food storage containers you really need, and that they all have lids. Then try one of these strategies:
1. Store the lids on the containers. This can work just fine if you have few enough, and enough storage space.
2. Use storage containers designed to make lid storage easier, such as the Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids; Rubbermaid has created a video showing how these work. You can also look for containers of multiple sizes that all use the same lid, so matching the lids up is easier.
3. Use a lid holder, such as the Place for Seals from Tupperware, or the plastic lid holder from Grayline Housewares.
4. Use a Command organizer from 3M, as Donna Smallin demonstrates.
5. Use a repurposed item. You could use a dish rack, as Donna Huisinga does. [via Decor Hacks] Or you could use a CD rack, as Better Homes and Gardens shows us. [via The Storage Geek] And any number of baskets can serve this purpose, too.