Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Little Things: Colorful Staples

colored staples

I wasn't looking for pink staples, but I found them in the supply closet. And they totally complete me.LeeAnne Jones

Would you also like colorful staples? Itoya used to sell some nice ones - I've used them, so I know the quality is good - but the company seems to have discontinued the product. I'm finding one store still selling some of Itoya's green staples, though.


colored staples

Swingline sells its Color Bright staples in two sizes. You can get a packages of 6,000 (2,000 each of red, blue, and green) or a package of 2,000 in either purple, blue, teal or green. Note that some reviewers are quite critical of the larger package.


colored staples - metallic colors

Making Memories is focused on scrapbooking and crafts - but the company does sell colored staples (light colors, dark colors, and metallic) that fit all standard-sized staplers.


green staples

And yet another source is Dyer Germany, which makes red, blue, green and gold staples. The Conran Shop currently has the red and blue ones. Pringle and Zimring carries what appears to be the Dyer staples, in blue, green and red.

6 comments:

Cynthia Friedlob said...

News to me! I suppose colorful staples could seem silly, but for those of us who avoid handling paper, anything to cheer up the task is a good idea. I'll look for them the next time I get a package of colorful paper clips!

Pauline Wiles said...

Too funny! I'll never look at staples in quite the same way again.

LeeAnne said...

Thanks for the shout-out. :o) Now that I know the pink ones are no longer being made, I'm going to have to get more from the supply closet! Thanks for the tips on the other brands, too.

Jeri Dansky said...

Cynthia, you reminded me of something I meant to say: You can't find these colorful staples at Staples - at least according to its on-line store. (I don't see them on the Office Depot or OfficeMax web sites, either.)

LeeAnne, I was guessing you had the Itoya staples; stocking up sounds wise! I once gave a box of the pink ones to a Mary Kay consultant.

cathy said...

Totally awesome. Colored staples where never on my radar and color is a big deal to me.

Jeri Dansky said...

Cathy and Struggler, I'm glad I was able to introduce you to colored staples!