Saturday, November 15, 2008

Tote Those Files, Part 2

faux leather file tote

Need to carry files with you? I wrote about hanging file folder totes yesterday, but I missed this tote from Pendaflex. Update on April 10, 2011: I'm no longer finding this product.


two file totes, one each in black and white

And this faux croc file tote also seems to hold hanging files, looking at the picture - but the web site doesn't mention hanging files or a file frame. It's only available in a chocolate color now. Update on April 10, 2011: I'm no longer finding this product.


five-file totes, on each in black and white

But what if you don't want or need the hanging files? What if you just carry file folders? If you just carry a few files, you might like the expanding five-file tote from russell+hazel; I've confirmed that you can fit standard 8 1/2 x 11 inch file folders in these totes. Update on April 10, 2011: I can no longer find this product, either.


herringbone file tote, open

Crane's has this herringbone file tote, which looks like a fancy accordion file with handles. Update on April 10, 2011: I'm not finding this one any more, either!


file tote, floral pattern

The tote on the Crane site looks very much like the expanding file totes from Apropos offered on the Organize.com web site; both have 21 slots and the measurements are almost identical. Update on April 10, 2011: And I'm no longer finding this one, either.


pretty file tote - for papers, not file folders

Finally, Galison makes some pretty file totes. I'm not 100% sure if file folders would fit inside. I've asked Galison, and will update this post when I find out.

Update on Nov. 19, 2008: A helpful person at Galison replied, "I've tested mine and the answer is yes, the standard file folders do fit into our file totes."

Update on Sept. 30, 2014: I'm no longer finding these totes.

No comments: