Sunday, June 29, 2008

Create an Art Gallery on the Inside of Your Cabinet Doors

bunny rabbit drawing

Have some art - drawings, photos, postcards, greeting card covers - that you really like, but that isn't exactly framing material? What about cards with inspirational sayings?


card cover, saying I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world

Yes, you could put these items up on a bulletin board, or on your refrigerator door. But an idea I stole from my friend Helen is to put them on the inside of your cabinet doors.


picture of person's eyes staring out from a cave, with thr words Is you're careful enough, nothing bad or good will ever happen to you

All the pictures on this post are from the inside of own my kitchen cabinet doors. The bunny picture was drawn by the very same Helen. The picture immediately above is a hand-drawn enlargement of a postcard by Ashleigh Brilliant.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved these. On the inside of my bathroom cabinet, I have a large magazine photo of a baby in thoughtful repose, and underneath it, an uplifting quote. It's tidy and hidden from the world, but inside of cabinet doors is a great place to keep your photos of joy inspiration...without cluttering your desktop.

I can't help feeling it's the adult version of my high school locker door.

Jeri Dansky said...

Julie, for some reason I never thought about my bathroom medicine cabinets! Now I have two more cabinet doors to use when the right item comes along.

Anonymous said...

I love this idea. Actually, I had placed 3 of son #2's sketches on the inside of my husbands wardrobe doors using little dabs the tacky stuff from the office supply store that looks like Silly Putty. We finally got him to start dating his art and these 3 are from '99 (when he was 15), '01, and '07. Your post has encouraged me to find more interior doors to display pictures.

Jeri Dansky said...

I'm so glad to hear that, Lee!

Anonymous said...

Nice idea! I have emergency numbers inside my laundry/cookbook/baggies/foil/dishes cupboard door and child rearing advice inside my pantry door - stuff I think I already know, but once in awhile I re-read and find helpful!

Jeri Dansky said...

Nancy, what you've done is another nice way to make use of the inside of the cabinet doors - thanks for sharing!