Monday, June 9, 2008

Craft Stores Sell Storage - for More Than Just Crafts

storage caddy with lots of pockets

Not being the slightest bit of a craft-project person myself, I hadn't thought to explore craft stores to see what storage options they supply. I'd check them out on-line for specific things (storing scrapbook paper, for example), but never thought to explore them in more depth.

But fellow organizer Geralin Thomas just mentioned A.C. Moore, so I went to their web site - and I'm glad I did.

The first product that caught my eye was the ArtBin Table Top Caddy, shown above. (There's a floor version, too.) ArtBin makes a number of interesting storage products - ones that could easily be used beyond the crafts world they were designed for.


clear storage bag with duck cloth on top and bottom

And the I saw the seeyourstuff bags, available in various colors and sizes. These were designed and assembled by Lyle's Fabrics, Crafts & Gifts. Again, I can imagine all sorts of uses for these.


2-tier stacking plastic organizer filled with craft supplies

Checking out other craft-oriented stores, I found these Snap 'n Stack organizers at Jo-Ann Fabric & Crafts - and then I found that A.C. Moore has them, too.

So now craft stores are definitely on my radar screen as a place to look for certain types of organizing supplies.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are GREAT ideas! My favorite new product is Mead's new Notebook Binder that I just bought at Target! It is a notebook and a binder all in one. You'll have to see it to know what I mean.

Jen
http://www.listplanit.com

Banshee Creative said...

Hubby is finally on board with me with regards to the decluttering :)

http://cuddlyfamily.wordpress.com/2008/06/11/so-how-would-you-change-your-lifestyle-people/

Lifestyle changes, esp for us the recent massive fuel hike/power cost hike/everything else going up hike. is very important.

I wish we had half the incentives for going green that other countries had, heck, I wish we had even SOME :)

Jeri Dansky said...

Those are some pretty big changes you've decided to make, Angelia! Good luck with the decluttering.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeri & all,

Thanks! Fun surprise to pop over here and see my name *in lights.*

If you want another unusual source for good storage solutions, try pet grooming catalogs. Pet's Edge has very convenient little storage carts that are under $50.00 on wheels. They fit in tight spaces and work wonders in various odd spots where shelves, etc. are required.

Question to ponder: In the name of fairness, should catalogs be dogalogs for dog owners?

Geralin

Banshee Creative said...

thanks Jeri :) It's gng to be a long, slow process but we have no choice :(

It's good anyway health wise :)

Jeri Dansky said...

Geralin: Grooming carts - that's a new one for me. Thanks!