Saturday, April 5, 2008

Organizing Products from Israeli Designers

whiteboard with picture of cat

Bop on over to artlook and you'll find a lot to catch your eye, mostly by Israeli designers. I'll show you a few of my favorites. Many (but certainly not all) come from Monkey Business.

Update on April 17, 2008: The English pages I originally linked to seem to have disappeared - so I'm changing the links to point to the Hebrew pages, which is better than nothing.

1. The "urban board" shown above - a magnet-friendly white board - is one of four made by Monkey Business.


red organizer with pockets, magnetic back

2. This organizer with a magnetic back can be used on (most) refrigerator doors, on a metal file cabiner, etc. It also has eyelets that can be used to attach it to non-magnetic surfaces. It's also from Monkey Business.


colorful basket

3. This basket is "manufactured by people who are coping with mental health problems."


bookends shaped like Hebrew letters aleph and tav

4. These are described in English as A-Z bookholders, but they are actually Alef (or Aleph) and Tav, the first and last letters of the Hebrew alphabet. Update on Jan. 13, 2013: The place I'm finding these now describes them properly, as Alef to Tav bookends.


red metal shelf/hooks shaped like a house

5. And then there's this item called House - "a storage solution for objects without a home."

**********

Update from yesterday's post: There's a place to buy ecojot folders on-line now; it just got announced today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I love the Aleph to Tav bookends... when i finally got to the website I found my hebrew to be a little rusty. I really can only ask what your name is and where is the bathroom at this point. Any idea where to find them listed in english??
-- Allison

Jeri Dansky said...

Allison, when I posted this there were English pages, which seem to have disappeared in the short time since since then.

If I find them again, I'll let you know.

In the meantime, I'll go back and link to the Hebrew versions of the pages, so at least all the links aren't broken.