Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Know Your Colors & Clean Your Closet

fabric swatches for selecting clothes colors

An odd organizing tip: If your budget permits, have a personal color analysis done - so you know what color palette works best for you. I had my colors done about a year and a half ago by the talented Jennifer Butler, and I was thrilled with the results. (I'm an amber autumn.)

Now why is this an organizing tip?

1. It helps you declutter your closet. Mine was never all that cluttered - but when I got rid of (almost) everything not in my palette, it worked better than ever.

2. It saves time when shopping. I can go through a store much more quickly, knowing which garments are even worth a second look. If it's not in my palette, it's out of the question.

[photo: a few of my own color swatches]

No comments: