Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Professional Organizers Show Their Desks

Jeri Dansky's home office with iMac, artwork, and cat

Blogger and Professional Organizer Ariane Benefit at Neat Living has challenged other professional organizers to post pictures of their own desks.

So here's mine - taken this afternoon, when the light wasn't at its best, but you can still get the general idea. (If I can get a better picture tomorrow morning, I'll replace the one that's here.) To the right of my desk I have places where the cats can curl up; you can see my 20+ pound Moonshadow over there. There are also kitty beds under the desk.

The sculpture of the boar is by Wataru Sugiyama of Ashland, Oregon. The black and white photo is by Chris Honeysett. The poster behind my desk came from Singapore, many years ago.

8 comments:

Ariane Benefit said...

Jeri,
This is great! Thanks for showing your desk! It's so cool to see that I'm not the only one with a spot for the kids, I mean cats. : ) Have you found that giving them their own spot makes it much easier to get work done?
All the best,
Ariane

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeri, found your site through the happiness project and boy, is your desk neat! I really enjoyed trolling through your archives, but I was wondering if you have any product suggestions which aren't so expensive.

We are a one income family, w/3 kids. I'm not a pack rat, but have problems organizing bills, laundry, kitchen, and garage. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated :o)

Jeri Dansky said...

Ariane,

Yes, I think it definitely makes it easier. Lots of times they will curl up in their spots (window seats are always appreciated) and keep me company without disturbing me.

But once in a while, when one of them really wants attention, he or she will come wandering onto my desk.

Best to you and yours,
Jeri

Jeri Dansky said...

Hi Sheryl,

Sure, I know lots of less expensive products - I'll have to make a point of featuring those. I'll try to have that up in the next few days.

Take care,
Jeri

Anonymous said...

Jeri, I finally put up a pic of my desk on my blog. Click my name to see it. :)

Jeri Dansky said...

Monica, I just took a look - thanks for sharing! It's fun to see our different styles of being organized.

Megs said...

I just wanted to say that I think Moonshadow's 18 lb brother lives with me. His name is Maddox aka Maddy the Fatty Catty.

He isn't interested in the desk...only the bookshelves.

Jeri Dansky said...

Hi Meg,

You can see another picture of Moonshadow here.

Best wishes to you and Maddy,
Jeri