Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Moving Boxes - greener and cheaper

For all of us who cringe at using brand-new boxes for our moves. . .

I just got a call from Warren at Bay Area Box Express - which reminded me how great is is to have someone selling manufacturers' overstock, misprinted, and barely-used boxes - and at discount prices. And they deliver!

Since Bay Area Box Express only serves the San Francisco Bay Area, another company worth knowing about is UsedCardboardBoxes.com.

Updated here, February 2008.

3 comments:

Mistress of the Dorkness said...

Wow, that is the most mind-wobblingly useful link I've seen in forever!!! Used boxes! Fabulous!

I'm about to move, so I might look into it. The first and most obvious is to get them from work to eliminate any other type of disposal, we'll see how many I can come up with, my boss is moving, too, I might have to fight for them. ;)

Jeri Dansky said...

Best wishes for the move, Melanie. And if you can't get those free boxes at work, I'm glad to have provided a good alternative.

Ed Lopez said...

Most peoplee don't realize these moving boxes can be used more than once. I even use some of them to storage things at home. I have some electronics, cables and a bunch of stuff in them. For me is a good alternative to buying extra file cabinets. And even they are carboard made I can say they are really strong